This course is designed to teach First Responders advanced first aid techniques: how to sustain life, prevent further injuries, and the consequences of further injury until more advanced medical personnel arrive.
About this course
• 40–44 hour course with flexible scheduling options
• 3-year certification in First Responder
• Includes CPR Level BLS
• Includes AED (Automated External Defibrillation) certification
• Conducted by a certified Red Cross First Responder Instructor or Emergency Medical Responder Instructor
Who should attend
Any employee can attend this course. Current First Responder certification is required to register.
• The Emergency Scene
• Body Systems
• Preventing Disease Transmission
• Primary Survey
• Secondary Survey
• Measuring Blood Pressure
• Respiratory Emergencies
• Cardiac Emergencies (CPR-BLS)
• Breathing Devices
• Bleeding and Shock
• Soft Tissue Injuries
• Musculoskeletal injuries
• Injuries to the Head and Spine
• Injuries to the Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis
• Injuries to the Extremities
• Sudden Illness
• Heat and Cold Emergencies
• Special Populations/Crisis Intervention
• Reaching and Moving Casualties
• Multiple Casualty Incident
• Written exam (min. passing grade 75%)
What makes us different?
Although other providers may give the same content as above, our Instructors make all the difference. Others may use "Contractors" to teach for them, all of our Instructors are our employees.