Comprehensive (Basic) First Aid & CPR techniques for those who need training for work requirements, or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies in the workplace or home. The course covers a variety of topics from basic (such as cardiovascular and breathing emergencies, CPR Level A, C or HCP, prevention of disease transmission) to in-depth topics, such as sudden medical conditions and injuries to the head and spine.
About this course
• 7 - 8 -hour course 8:30am - 5:00pm
• 3-year certification in Standard First Aid & CPR Level A, C or HCP
• Includes CPR Level A, C or HCP
• Includes AED (Automated External Defibrillation) certification
• Conducted by a certified Red Cross First Aid Instructor
Who should attend
Any one can attend this course.
A current Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid certification is a pre-requisite for this course.
• Preparing to Respond
• The EMS System
• Check, Call, Care
• Airway Emergencies
• Breathing & Circulation Emergencies
• First Aid for Respiratory & Cardiac Arrest
• Head & Spine Injuries
• Bone, Muscle & Joint Injuries
• Wound Care
• Sudden Medical Emergencies
• Environmental Emergencies
• Written exam (min. passing grade: 75%)
What makes us different?
Although other providers may give the same content as above, our Instructors make all the difference. Others may use "Contractors" to teach for them, all of our Instructors are our employees.